9 Ways to Serve Pie at your Wedding
Move over cupcakes, pies have become the most popular dessert spread at receptions this year. Whether served instead of or in addition to cake, here are a few fun ways to incorporate pie into your wedding day:
1. Serve pies that are family favorites like Grandma’s Palisade peach pie or Aunt Erma’s Southern pecan pie.
2. Create a signature pie that matches your signature drink. Example: Jen & Jim’s First Date Apple Pie + Spiced Caramel Apple Cider.
3. Find a unique display item to showcase all your pies like a rustic cart or vintage Armoire.
4. Label each pie with a sign that ties in with your theme/wedding colors.
5. Name each guest table after a favorite pie. Include a story about why it’s your favorite. Did you eat pie on your first date? First trip together? Anniversary? Night you were engaged? It’s mom’s secret recipe?
6. For your table signs, take a fun picture of both of you eating the flavor of pie that corresponds to the table name… sure to be a fun conversation starter!
7. Collect pie recipes from family & friends to create a family pie cookbook. A meaningful favor your guests will love.
8. Pie Place Cards. Serve individual mini pies at each place setting. When sending out the invites, have guests RSVP the flavor of pie they love then include at their seat.
9. As guests leave the reception, give them boxed slices to take home for a late-night snack/breakfast treat.
Don’t forget to serve homeade vanilla ice cream and whipped cream!
See more: Wedding Ideas & Inspiration | Durango Weddings
Wedding inspiration from Southwest Colorado delivered to your inbox!
DURANGO WEDDINGS MAGAZINE
The guide to planning a wedding in Southwest Colorado with the mission to support local event pros.
Durango Weddings Magazine is a curated resource guide, print magazine, wedding blog, and producer of the Durango Wedding Expo.